A Link to the Past

Today my dad's coming to visit, so instead of preparing another blog post I'm gonna take him to a restaurant in town and tell him about our recent work on the game!

Actually, did you know it's largely thanks to my parents that I got into game dev in the first place? It might sound strange, seeing as most parents would be against their children wanting to follow such a strange and uncertain route, and I'm sure my parents have worried about that as well.

But if it hadn't been for especially my mother's love for games I don't think I would have ever felt the same way about them myself. In fact, the very earliest memory I can recall is my mother and older sister playing Zelda II: The Adventure of Link next to me! I remember watching them run across the world map and felt such wonder at the world.

Because of their enthusiasm for games, they also made sure we got the SNES when it got to Sweden. I played A Link to the Past without knowing a word of English, and didn't finish it until years later. Total hours spent on my completed file showed over 680! That's a lot of hours playing something when you have no idea what to do or where to go.

As I'm sure you can tell, some of those 680+ hours definitely served to help us make Grindea what it is today. So in a way, I guess I have my parents to thank for that!

This is apparently quite quickly turning into a long text. I apologize for that, and will be back on Monday with your regular Secrets of Grindea WIP fix~


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly how I got into developing Computer games. What great parents we have, and what a lovely little blog post this was.

    ReplyDelete