Portrait of an Ancient Stonecutter

So, we're gonna add a stonecutter to the first zone to help people understand that certain statues are, in fact, moveable! 

Fred already made the sprite, which is based a bit on Katarina the stonecutter in present day (a relative, perhaps?): 


So it was up to me to make the portrait! Lately I've realized I spend a lot of time fixing the portraits after we shrink them to in-game size, due to excessive shading and details that don't even make it to the finished product anyway. So I thought I'd cut back on the detail a bit to see if I can finish the portraits faster (while they still look the same as before).

Said and done:

Sketch

Line Art

Color Blocking

Shading

Highlights

Details

GIF

Finished Sprite

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment