Promo Art - Character Polish & Website Preparations

So, you thought we were done with the promo art, right? Nope! It's been a while now, so I thought I'd go over it and make some fixes, as well as prepare the character art to be added to our website. 

The characters that currently feature on our website don't really represent the game or what it looks like all that well, while these guys do a lot better. However, we wanted to up the details of both characters a bit.

Here's the girl's old version: 


And here's the new one:


Mainly I edited her hair, making it a bit darker. I also did some work on her shirt, thinning the lines and adding a bit of detail. Finally, I edited her mouth a bit, giving her lips. I'm not 100% sure about that change yet, as it changed her expression a bit. However, I don't think it looks worse, necessarily, so I'm definitely a bit torn!

Now, on to the guy and his old version:


Aaand the new version:


Now the problem with this guy was, obviously, that he was built to stand behind the girl, hence he wasn't finished at all! So I kinda had to paint the rest of his body and make the sword longer. I also made some other, smaller changes to him, but it's mainly in the details - except for the mouth. I gave him lips too, and like with the girl, I'm a bit torn about it! What do you guys think?


Here's a mockup of what they could look like when added to our website. I'm not 100% sure of where to put them yet, or what size they should be, but hopefully we'll get that stuff together eventually.. :)
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. I prefer my girls to have lips. Just sayin'! :)

    ReplyDelete