Getting A Move On

Instead of showing more random furniture today, I thought I'd talk about how we try to stay healthy and (somewhat) fit despite working in front of the computer all day long.

For the longest time, like the past 10 or so years, I've been horribly lazy. I haven't been working out, thinking that as long as I'm not overweight there's no point, that it will only eat time and make me tired. Now that I'm a bit older, I've started to feel guilty about it, and the fact that I literally work in the living room hasn't exactly helped ;D

So, one thing has led to another, and all of us Pixel Ferrets thought that we could start working out together. Not only does this serve to give us some much needed exercise, it also allows us to hang out a bit outside of work. We decided to go for badminton, and for a few weeks we have started our Monday mornings (well, more like afternoons - we're still geeks who sleep late) by going to a local sports hall!

Here's Fred's brother Robban (left), Teddy (mid) and Fred (right) at the hall yesterday:



Now let me tell you, after a few weeks of this and horseback riding (something I did a lot as a kid and picked up again recently), I've definitely noticed a difference. Not only do I feel happier in general, simply from the fact that I get to go outside more, I also feel like I have more energy and that I'm more efficient at work.

Might be something to think about! If you read this, chances are you're at least a bit like me, possibly spending a lot of time in front of a computer screen and hating the idea of working out. I definitely recommend giving it a go though, if only to try it out. You might be surprised at how good it can feel, once you find something you do enjoy! :)
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Riding is a great exercise, and is pretty refreshing as well.

    Shame that owning a horse is so expensive :(
    Expensive and labour-intensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely!
      When I was a kid and lived at home we used to have a bunch of horses, but it's so much easier when the entire family can help taking care of them. There's no way I'd have the time (or money) for one now T_T

      Delete