Fae Boss Portrait, Part 2: Autumn

Time to make the second fae!

Just like last time, I start with a sketch, adding help lines where I feel like I need them..


When I clean the sketch up I try to make sure not all lines are equally thick: it helps to give depth to the picture. 


Color block time! I select the hues to use based off her in-game portrait, which I made a while back, before managing this blog. 


Adding basic shades: this time I use three different dark shades, and no highlight.


Finally, a bit of render on top of everything: smoothing out hard transitions between shades, as well as adding that highlight :) 

In the next step I'll put the two fae together and add the boss intro text! See you on Monday! :)
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment