GGC Summary

Hey guys and sorry for the late post! Unfortunately I ended up catching a cold right as we finished up GGC, so I haven't had much energy to do anything the last couple of days. I thought I'd sum up what happened at GGC for you today, but since I'm not able to go to work at the moment any other posts will have to wait until I'm well again (hopefully soon).

After the presentations were done, all of the judges went to the showfloor for this year's booth crawl, where we're allowed to play the games in relative peace (it's only open to the judges and the other students this evening). There's also a bar to make things more fun...

During this time we played a majority of the games. There were a lot of cool ones as always, and many interesting new ideas.

Here's a bunch of pictures from the showfloor:






During the second day, we played any games we might have missed. It was also one of the hottest days of this summer yet, so we took a couple breaks to sit by the sea and discuss the games we'd played while slowly melting in the sunlight.


In the evening there was a jury-only dinner at the school's restaurant, after which we all sat down together to discuss which games we wanted to nominate for each of the award categories.



During the final day, we had a couple hours to play any games nominated by the other jurors, before finally sitting down to decide on which games should be given which award. Last year, this discussion took hours - thankfully it was quicker this time around. Then in the evening, there was the great award ceremony and after party which was a blast but from which I unfortunately didn't get any pictures. 

And here we are now! I'm hoping to be back to work in a couple days, but if I know myself well enough this cold will take it's time to sort itself out so I wouldn't expect any new posts until next week - fingers crossed that I'm wrong!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment